Technical Education and Skills Development Authority or better known as TESDA is created as Republic Act 7796. It aims to offer applied courses to provide opportunities to Filipinos to land in-demand employments whether locally or internationally.
This government arm also aims to prepare Filipinos to the competitive and more intense employment landscape, especially in the international battlefield. It offers short but quality courses and programs which can help students, home-based parents, out-of-school youth, and even OFWs to get in-demand specialized skills and disciplines of their choice.
TESDA Mission, Vision, and Values Statements
Under its mandate, “[t]he Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) is the government agency tasked to manage and supervise technical education and skills development (TESDA) in the Philippines.”
TESDA’s mission is to implement programs and “quality-assured” technical education for the Filipinos.
Moreover, its core values statement aims to show “demonstrated competence, institutional integrity, personal commitment, culture of innovativeness and a deep sense of nationalism.”
How to apply to TESDA Scholarship
TESDA application for a scholarship is now online and has only three to four simple steps.
For first-time registrants:
- You have to fill out an online form. It only accommodates a one-time registration if it would be your first time applying for a TESDA scholarship. You would also need an email address in filling out the form.
- Click the CREATE button in the website page.
- Then wait for your Learner’s ID to be delivered to you.
For registrants who have previously applied:
- Select a course that you wish to take.
- Input your last name and learner’s ID.
- Verify your profile.
- Complete your application.
You will also be given feedback from the TESDA office after taking the course of your choice.
There are four available scholarships that TESDA offers:
- Training for Work Scholarship Programs (TWSP)
- Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA)
- Special Training for Employment Program (STEM)
- Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act (UAQTEA)
How can I Enroll in TESDA Online? – The Ultimate Guide
What is TESDA online program?
TESDA has recently launched 50 + free course programs which are now open and accessible for everyone interested. It can accommodate everyone from different walks of life—from unemployed adults, out-of-school youth, students, and housewives or home-based parents. There are also TESDA courses for OFWs, corporate workers, and even professionals.
Advantages of TESDA’s Online Courses
Time and resources at your fingertips—these are just some of the advantages that you can get in enrolling in TESDA’s free online courses.
First, you can take the course of your choice and learn all about it at your own pace, in the comfort of your home. You don’t have to endure that traffic that eats up much of your time as well while studying.
Second, you can balance your time working your 8-5 job or studying then learning these online courses during weekends or during your free time.
Third, all the modules and review materials are available—for free! Just taking these courses may even help you learn how to start your own business.
Exploring TESDA’s programs also means you’re investing in yourself because you’re investing in additional knowledge that you can use in the future so you can have a better life.
Take note, though, that you need to take and pass the assessment test at the TESDA Assessment Center to get your certification because it is not offered in any of the free online courses. Remember that you still need the certification so you can complete the course process for you to be able to find a job.
What are the requirements for TESDA Online?
All you need to be able to enroll in any TESDA online course are a personal computer or laptop, stable internet, and a valid email address for verification of your registration.
How to Register in E-Tesda Step by Step
Open the Login page.
- Fill out the form, fields marked with asterisk (*) are mandatory. You cannot proceed with the registration unless you provide the information. After filling out the form, click on the “Create my new account” button.
- After creating your account, a message will be sent to your email address. The email contains a link to activate your account, simply click on the link and your account will be activated.
Now you have an official registered account in TESDA Free Online Courses.
How to Enroll in a TESDA Course
- Log-in to your account by entering your username and password.
- Make sure you see your name in the upper right corner to know that it is your account. Then choose a course you wish to learn more about.
- Click the course of your choice. You can always go back to the homepage to explore other courses.
- After you have chosen your course, the page will bring you to a page showing the modules that you can read, study, and answer at your pace and schedule. You will always start with Module 1.
- There will be a confirmation page after you clicked the module you are already in. Just click “yes” to enroll in that specific module.
- The page will then bring you to the page with the different organized lessons you have to take. It also present you with the “Resources” and “Activities” link on the side bar.
Your account also shows you the following:
- your profile details, where you can update them anytime
- your grades for the activities you have taken
- the study hours you have allotted for each lesson
You can enroll in as many courses as you want to widen your knowledge in the different applied disciplines offered by TESDA
Each course has a training regulation (TR) manual which will measure the following: 1) competency assessment and certification; 2) registration and delivery of training programs; and 3) development of curriculum and assessment instruments.
Four sections of training regulation manual:
- Definition of qualification – refers to the different units of competencies showing the different functions of the qualification; these must all be achieved by the trainee taking the course to qualify
- Competency standards – show the specifications of the competencies that the trainee must study for him/her to achieve effective work performance
- Training standards – provides a list of the requirements for the course works such as curriculum design, entry requirements, training delivery, and equipment facilities
Courseware presents the different modules required for the trainee to learn for him/her to qualify for the course.
How to renew TESDA NC II certificate
After taking any course program at TESDA, you will be given a National Certificate (NC) II, which can also be renewed. All you have to do is visit the same TESDA District or Provincial Office where you first got your certificate and have it renewed there.
There is a renewal fee for your TESDA certificate.
The Skills Certificate Equivalency Program (SCEP) also serves as a collaborative program together with TESDA and the Civil Service Commission (CSC). This partnership endeavor allows government skilled workers to have civil service eligibility as well.
What is NC II certificate?
An NC II certificate—or National Certificate II is issued to a TESDA student who has passed all units of competency in a course program he or she had taken.
2. What is COC in TESDA?
Certificate of Competency (COC) is also issued by TESDA to students who have completed their units and have proven their skills in the set of qualifications that they must acquire in the course that they chose.
TESDA also offers a Japan training center where they offer language programs for nurses and care workers who wish to work in Japan. You can learn more about it in TESDA’s Language Skills Institutes website.
How much is the assessment fee for TESDA?
Application for an exam requires an assessment fee. The fee ranges from P100 to P600, depending on the course program that you have taken. Assessment fees for TESDA are listed in their website.
What is the role of TESDA in K to 12 curriculum?
The Department of Education (DepEd) and TESDA have worked hand in hand to improve on the technology-vocational-livelihood (TVL) education to be incorporated and implemented in the K to 12 curriculum.
Both government arms continue solidify their collaborative partnership and improve on the TESDA courses. This can help more Filipino students acquire applied skills and expertise in different programs that are in-demand both locally and internationally.
List of TESDA Online Courses for 2020
Top 10 TESDA Courses List with the most number of Enrollees
|1. Shielded Metal Arc Welding Course II|
|3. Food and Beverage Service Courses|
|4. Bread and Pastry Production|
|5. Housekeeping course|
|6. Electrical Installation and Maintenance|
|7. Shielded Metal Arc Welding Course I|
|8. Computer Systems Servicing|
|9. Bookkeeping course|
|10. Contact Center Services Courses|
Complete List Of TESDA Courses
- 2D Game Art Development NC III Course
- 3D Game Art Development NC III (NEW Course)
- Able Seafarer Deck NC II (II-5)
- Able Seafarer Engine NC II (III-5)
- Agricultural Crops Production NC I, NCII and NC III Courses
- Agricultural Machinery Operation NC II Course
- Air Duct Servicing NCII Course
- Animal Health Care and Management NC III
- Animal Production (Poultry-Chicken) NC II, (Ruminants) NC II, (Swine) NCII Courses
- Animation NC II, Animation (2D Digital) NC III, (3D Digital) NC III Courses
- Aquaculture NC II
- Artificial Insemination (Large Ruminants) NC II, (Swine) NC II
- Attractions and Theme Parks NCII
- Auto Body Painting Finishing NC I, NC II, and N CIII
- Auto Engine Rebuilding NC II
- Automotive Body Repairing NC II
- Automotive Electrical Assembly NC II and NC III
- Automotive Mechanical Assembly NC II and NC III
- Automotive servicing NC I, NC II, NC III, and NC IV Courses
- Automotive Wiring Harness Assembly NC II
- Bamboo Production NC II
- Barangay Health Services NC II
- Barbering NC II
- Bartending NC II, and Barista NC II
- Beauty Care NC II, and NC III
- Beauty Care Services (Nail Care) NC II, and NC III
- Biomedical Equipment Services NCII
- Bookkeeping NC III Course
- Bread and pastry Production NC II
- Broadband Installation (Fixed Wireless Systems) NC II
- Cable TV Installation NC II
- CaTV Operation and Maintenance NC III
- CAD CAM Operation NC III
- Caregiving NC II
- Carpentry Courses NC II and NC III
- CNC Lathe Machine Operation NC II and NC III
- CNC Milling Machine Operation NC II, and NC III
- Commercial Cooking NC III, and NC IV
- Computer Literacy Basic
- Computer Systems Servicing NC II
- Construction Lift Passenger Material Elevator Operation NC II
- Construction Painting NC II and NC III
- Consumer Electronics NC III and NC IV
- Contact Center Services NC II (Call Center)
- Cookery NC II
- Culinary Arts Course
- Customer Services NC II
- Dental Hygiene NC IV
- Dental Laboratory Technology Services NC I, (Fixed Dentures/Restorations) NC II, (Removable) NC II
- Dental Technology NC IV
- Diesel Power Plant Operation, and Maintenance NC II, and NC III
- Domestic Work Course NC II
- Dressmaking (Casual) NC II
- Driving NC II, (Articulated Vehicle) NC III, (Passenger Bus/Straight Truck) NC III Courses
- Electrical Installation and Maintenance NC II, NC III, and NC IV
- Electronics Products Assembly and Servicing NC II
- Emergency Medical Services NC II
- Events Management Services NC III
- Fashion Design (Apparel) NC III
- Fish Capture Courses NC I, and NC II
- Fish Products Packaging NC II
- Fishing Gear Repair and Maintenance NC III
- Fish Port Wharf Operations NC I
- Flux-Cored Arc Welding NC I, NC II, and NC III
- Food and beverage services NC II, NC III, and NC IV Courses
- Food Processing NC I, NC II, NC III, NC IV
- Footwear Making NC II
- Foreign Language (Korean, Japanese – Nihongo, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, and English) Courses
- Forging NC II, and NC III
- Foundry Melting/Casting NC II, and NC III
- Foundry Molding NC II, and NC III
- Foundry PATTERN MAKING NC III
- Front office services NC II
- Furniture Making (Finishing) NC II
- Game Programming NC III
- Gas Metal Arc Welding Courses NC I, NC II, and NC III
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding NC II, and NC IV
- Gas Welding NC I, and NC II
- Hairdressing NC II, and NC III
- Health Care Services NC II
- Heat Treatment
- Heavy Equipment Servicing NC II
- Hilot (Wellness) NC II
- Horticulture NC II, NC III
- Housekeeping NC II, NC III, and NC IV
- Ice Plant Refrigeration Servicing NC III
- ILLUSTRATION NC II
- Instrumentation and Control Servicing NC II, NC III, and NC IV
- Jewelry Making (Fine Jewelry) NC II, and NC III
- Laboratory and Metrology/Calibration Services NC II, and NC III
- LANDSCAPE INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE (SOFTSCAPE) NC II
- Line Construction (Electric Power Distribution) NC II
- LOCAL GUIDING SERVICES NC II
- Machining NC I, NC II, and NC III
- MARINE ELECTRICITY (FINAL)3
- Masonry NC I, NC II, and NC III
- Massage Therapy NC II
- Mechanical Drafting NC I
- Mechatronics Servicing NC II, NC III, and NC IV
- Medical Coding and Billing NC II
- MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION NC II
- Metals Stamping NC II
- Microfinance Technology NC II, NC IV
- Moldmaking Course NC II
- Motorcycle Small Engine Servicing NC II
- ON-HIGHWAY DUMP TRUCK (Rigid)
- Ophthalmic Lens Servicing NC II
- Organic Agriculture Production NC II (NEW)
- Painting Machine Operation NC II
- Pattern Making NC II
- PERFORMING ARTS – DANCE NC II
- PERFORMING ARTS (SONG) NC II
- Performing Arts_Ballroom Dancing NC II
- Pest Management (Veg.) NC II
- Pharmacy Services NC II
- Photography NC II
- Pipefitting NC II
- Plant Maintenance NC I
- Plastic Machine Operation NC II, and NC III
- Plumbing NC I, NC II, and NC III
- Press Machine Operation NC I
- Process Inspection NC II, and NC III
- Programming NC IV
- PV System Design NC III, Servicing NC III, Installation NC II
- Pyrotechnics NC II
- RAC Servicing (DomRAC) NC II – New
- RAC Servicing (PACU-CRE) NC III (Amended)
- Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch NC II (II-4, III-4)
- Refrigeration and Airconditioning Servicing
- Reinforcing Steel Works NC II
- Rice Machinery Operations NC II
- Rigging NC I
- Rubber Processing NC II, Production NC II
- SCAFFOLD ERECTION NC II
- Security Services NC I, NC II
- SHIPS CATERING SERVICES NC I, NC II, and NC III (Ships’ cook)
- Slaughtering Operations NC II (Butchery)
- SMAW NC I, NC II, NC III, and NC IV
- Structural Erection NC II
- Submerged Arc Welding NC I, and NC II
- System Formwork Installation NC II
- Tailoring (Casual) NC II
- Technical Drafting NC II
- Telecom OSP and Subscriber Line Installation (Copper Cable-POTS and DSL) NC II
- Telecom OSP Installation (Fiber Optic Cable) NC II
- Tile Setting Course NC II
- TINSMITHING (AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING) NC II
- Tool and Die Making NC II
- Tourism Promotion Services NC II
- Trainers Methodology Level I, Level 2
- Transmission Line Installation and Maintenance NC II, NC III
- Transport RAC SERVICING NC II
- TRAVEL SERVICES NC II
- Visual Graphic Design NC III
Heavy Equipment Operations Courses
- ARTICULATED OFF-HIGHWAY DUMP TRUCK NC II
- Backhoe Loader NC II
- Bulldozer NC II
- Concrete Pump NC II
- Container Stacker NC II
- Crawler Crane NC II
- Forklift NC II
- Gantry Crane NC II
- Hydraulic Excavator NC II
- Motor Grader NC II
- Paver NC II
- Rigid off-highway dump truck NC II
- ROAD ROLLER NC II</l
- Rough-Terrain Crane NC II
- Screed NC I
- Tower Crane NC II (Crane Operator)
- Transit Mixer NC II
- Truck-Mounted Crane NC II
- Wheel Loader NC II
- Fruit Grower
- Automotive Battery Servicing
- Diesel Engine tune-up
- Preparing Sandwiches
- Cellphone Servicing
- Solar Night Light Assembly
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition
- Packaged Air Conditioner Unit Servicing
- Guest Room Attendant Servicing
- Valet Servicing
- Public Area Attendant Servicing
- Laundry Servicing
- Information technology
- Animation (3D Digital)
- Basic computer operation
- CAM / CAD operation
- Computer hardware servicing
- Web Development using HTML5 and CSS3
- Massage Therapy
- Shiatsu Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Thai Massage
- Game Development
- Game Production Basics
- Developing 2D Games with HTML5
- Developing 2D, 3D games with Unity Software Game Developments Fundamentals
- C# Fundamentals for Beginners
- Food and Beverage Servicing
- Waiter Servicing
- Room Attendant Servicing
- Bus Boy Servicing
- Trainers Methodology I
- Facilitate Learning Session
- Trainers Methodology II
- Curriculum Development
Tesda Foreign Language Courses for FREE
- Basic Arabic Language and Saudi / Gulf Culture – 100 hours
- Basic Chinese Language (Mandarin) and Culture – 100 hours
- Basic English Language – 100 hours
- Basic Japanese Language (Nihongo) and Culture – 150 hours
- Basic Korean Language and Culture – 100 hours (verify with tesda LSI if this course is still available)
- Basic Spanish Language – 100 hours
The following are the updated online courses offered by TESDA:
21st Century Skills
- Environmental Literacy
- Workplace Communication
Lifelong Learning Skills
- Job Interview Skills Training Course
- How to Build Confidence in Your Abilities
- Skills to Succeed Academy
- STAR Online Training Program (4 modules)
- Managing Your Personal Finances (1 module)
Agriculture (total of 2 modules)
Human Health / Health Care
- Massage therapy
Health, Social and Other Community Development Services
- Therapy (total of 9 modules)
- Beauty Care (Nail Care)
- Diesel Engine Tune Up (4 modules)
- Automotive Battery Servicing (4 modules)
Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition
- Food and Beverage Servicing (total of 16 modules)
- Housekeeping (total of 17 modules)
- Cookery (total of 39 modules)
- Bread and Pastry Production (total of 4 modules)
Maritime (total of 2 modules)
Trainers Methodology I (total of 14 modules)
Trainers Methodology II
Electronics (total of 4 modules)
- Basic Computer Operation
- SMART Android Mobile Apps Development for Beginners
- SMART Technopreneurship 101
- Web Development using HTML5 and CSS3
Microsoft Online Courses
- Game Development
- Udacity – Google Courses
- Udemy Course