Traffic has become a norm in the Metro and innovative transport groups such as Angkas, Grab, and Uber have helped passengers and commuters to save both time and money.
What is Angkas Rider?
Angkas is basically a motorcycle version of an Grab (and Uber). An “on-demand motorcycle booking service,” Angkas Rider is a modern way to book a private vehicle like a taxi.
The Angkas management says that their bikers are of utmost importance to them because they aim to provide them with more opportunities and livelihood to earn extra income. Through Angkas, they also aim to create a more supportive community.
Watch the following interview with CEO Angeline Tham on how she came up with Angkas.
What is Angkas Padala?
Angkas Padala is a roadside package delivery service. Availing of its services comes in handy most especially during holiday seasons when people would like to deliver gifts to their loved ones but do not have the means to deliver it on time.
Angkas Padala works two-way: this means that both the sender and the recipient will have to meet the driver outside to give and receive the items. The base fare for the delivery service is P50 for Manila and P20 for Cebu.
There are certain rules for delivering packages with Angkas Padala. The max weight required is 10 kilos and 43cm x 38cm x 24cm in size. All items sent are insured up to Php3,000. You can deliver using Angkas Padala 7 days a week from 7AM to 10PM.
Angkas Rider Benefits
“Big income opportunity, flexible working hours, and security and insurance benefits,” these are the three main Angkas benefits that a rider/driver can have working full time or part-time.
If you wish to work full-time, you can earn as much as P1,500 a day. If you can only afford to work part-time, you can still earn as much as P500 a day.
Just like Grab, the Angkas Rider mobile app is also very reliable when searching for passengers that match your time and location.
Applying for the Angkas platform will give you free safety and customer service training. The company will also provide you with receive insurance coverage for you and your passengers.
How to Apply for Angkas Rider Online
Before applying online, make sure you have the necessary valid documents that you will need to attach and submit online. Then you can fill out their form online:
1. Prepare the necessary documents for online application.
- Valid Professional License
- 2013 Motorcycle or newer that is within the 100-200cc range
- Accepted brands: Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, SYM, Euro, Kymco
- Applicants must be 21 – 55 years old only.
- Original NBI clearance
- Original Police / Barangay clearance
- Clearance Photocopy of OR-CR of the motorcycle
- Photocopy of valid professional license (2 copies).
If you are not the owner of the registered motorcycle, you need to submit the following:
- Authorization letter / Deed of sale
- Photocopy of ID of registered owner
- You need to have your own Android phone with a version of 6 and above which you will use to accept Angkas bookings.
2. Fill out the application form online
Fill out their form and attach the necessary documents in the website. Make sure that your documents are valid and not yet expired.
This is the landing page where you can attach your requirements and submit them online.
3. Wait for a notification about your application and safety training schedule.
If you’ve passed the standards and successfully submitted all your requirements, the Angkas office will contact you via SMS and provide you with an appointment and training schedule for the processing of your application and driving exam. The processing of your documents usually takes 1 to 3 business days.
The SMS message sent to you by the Angkas management will serve as your ticket or passport to get to the Angkas Training Center, so keep or save it in your phone inbox.
4. Attend the safety training and skills assessment appointment.
Attend and pass the half-day training, which includes written exams and skills and safety trainings. They will also help you install the Angkas app in your phone and teach you the Angkas platform as well.
5. Start accepting bookings and earn extra income as an Angkas driver.
You may now accept bookings, start your trips, and earn money after passing all the necessary requirements and exams in Angkas.
Angkas does not accept walk-in applications anymore. All transactions are now done onlne.
Angkas Coverage / Service Area
Most of the frequent bookings are in the central business district of Makati, Pasay, Mandaluyong, Ortigas, and other cities in the Metro.
Here are the official service areas covered by Angkas:
- San Juan
- SM North
- QC Circle
- South Triangle
- New Manila
- East Wood
- Cebu City
- Mandaue City
- Talisay City
Frequently Asked Questions about Angkas
- Does Angkas have a hotline?
You may send your inquiries or concerns using the contact details below:
- How do I apply for a government discount?
For a PWD or senior discount:
Kindly fill out this form.
Note: For PWD, please send a picture of both sides of your PWD ID to avail the discount.
For a student discount:
Kindly fill out this form.
Note: Graduate students (those taking up medicine, law, a master’s, a doctorate, or something similar) cannot avail of the student discount.
- Where is the Angkas Office and Training Center?
Natividad Bldg, 2308 Chino Roces Avenue Extension, Makati City. Landmark: Front of ECO PLAZA Building.
- What is the general process that a biker must accomplish after filling out the online application form?
- Driving Test / GCash Application
- Safety Seminar
- Claiming of Biker Kit
3. Is there an application fee when you apply as a biker in Angkas?
There is no application fee but a small fee will be deduction from the earnings of the biker for the Angkas biker kit (e.g. helmet, vest, jersey, etc.)
- What do the bikers need to bring at the training center?
Requirements and make sure to download the following apps: Angkas Biker, GCash, Whatsapp, Waze, and Gmail.
- What if the biker has already been registered for a long time but has deactivated recently? How can he apply again?
The biker can attend a seminar every Saturday only at 11AM to pass the requirements and accomplish the safety seminar.
- How can a biker top up?
Angkas provides these instructions on how to top up.
Best Site to Get Angkas Promo code
You can check out Rezeem for the latest promo codes of Angkas:
- Send your packages to your chosen location using Angkas with a base fare of P50 for the first 2 km. Then add P10 for every succeeding kilometer. This promo does not need a coupon or promo code.
- Angkas Coupon Code: Flat ₱69 OFF On Angkas First Booking. Using this code, you can avail a P69 off on your first booking with Angkas. Enter the promo code AKSINGLE at the checkout page of your Angkas booking and get your discount.
- Angkas rates start at P50 for both Android and IOS. This promo code expires in April 24, 2020.
Angkas is already one of the many alternative ways you can use to beat the traffic in Metro Manila. It has become one of the most convenient rides used by commuters that is not only convenient but is also affordable.
Other alternatives according to InsideManila are:
- GoLag. This ride app used in Laguna area where people can visit well-known places from and within Manila, Cavite, Rizal, and Bulacan more conveniently
- HirNa. Passengers can book a vehicle through a phone call with HirNa, Even without internet or mobile data connection, a commuter can avail a booking.
- OWTO. OWTO is basically a carpool service that you can book when going to work or home. It also works like Grab.
- U-Hop. This is also a carpooling app that select routes within a 15-kilometer radius. It has services on taxi, SUV, sedan, and van services in Metro Manila as well as in other provinces.
- Hype. Hype is a newly-accredited transportation network service. The passengers can book even without internet connection. Hype stands for the company’s core values: honest, young, professional, and empowering.
- Ph. Finally Sakay.Ph is an app which can help you navigate the maze of Metro Manila. It provides the best directions for where to ride jeepneys, bus, and trains. It is also available for both Android and IOS.